Sunday 27 November 2011

Cooper’s Hill Cheese-Rolling And Wake

Cooper's Hill Cheese Rolling And Wake


There is no acceptable reason why a man should compete for cheese naked, especially at the risk of rolling on or accidentally tea-bagging another man.
I love cheese.  I will compete for cheese.  I will stand up to those that are intolerant to lactose and ridicule them.  I will cut the cheese.  I will even willingly accept mild food sickness for discounted or expired cheese.  But I will not risk possible death for cheese.  That doesn’t mean others won’t.  Every year in May, people converge upon Cooper’s Hill to chase a 7-pound wheel of Double Gloucester cheese down a steep hill, sustaining broken bones and concussions, in order to win the cheese.  People must not know that they can buy cheese at their local grocer because the event drew over 15,000 people last year, which is three times capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment